Thursday, January 3, 2008

Not too much to report

I am getting rather large but not too uncomfortable yet, except for sleeping. I am probably not getting more than 2-3 hours of sleep at a time. My hips are still killing me and I end up tossing and turning from side to side all night trying to get comfortable. This is exactly what happened with A's pregnancy.
In addition to having aching hips, my pea sized bladder makes me get up every 2 hours anyway. There is nothing more annoying than sitting on the toilet at 3 am feeling like you have to pee a waterfall and only a tiny trickle comes out. I figure if I am going to get my ass out of bed and sit on that cold toilet seat the least my bladder could do is oblige me with the god damn Niagara Falls shooting out. Dippe has taken to kicking my bladder repeatedly if it is even the slightest bit full, which also adds to the fun.
Dippe has been very active lately, especially in the evening. I have no idea if its kicks or punches but she does it a lot, especially at the top of my uterus. Speaking of my uterus, it must be gigantic. They haven't done an official tape measurement at my appointments yet, but it feels like it is pretty high up there. Makes me worried that I am going to feel more uncomfortable faster this time around.
I am in the midst of potty training A and I have to say that lack of sleep is making my patience very thin. Not to mention the fact that he is deep in the "terrible twos" and doesn't listen to a word I say unless it involves candy or toys. We have been trying the super*nanny techniques for time outs which doesn't really seem to be working. The only reason I say that is because he will get a time out for something, come out of time out, then go and do the thing he just got put in time out for doing. I get scared because in a few months I will be adding a newborn to this mess and I wonder how I am going to handle it all.
Please, please, please let Dippe be one of those "easy" babies I have heard so much about.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Amen to that sister!