Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Almost 25 weeks...

The baby fever has finally started to hit. I see babies everywhere and I want to hold them. I heard a newborn baby crying in the next aisle at Target the other day and it was all I could do not to run over there and pull that little thing right out of his car seat and cuddle him. I am amazed that I didn't spontaneously start lactating. I can't believe that I will have one of those little things in a matter of weeks. 15 to be exact.

This weekend my Mom and I picked out the fabric for Dippe's crib bedding. If she is anything like A. she won't be sleeping in her crib for a while but it is always nice to have the room all set up. What I like best about the bedding is that it has minimal pink. Just pink accents, which are very pale and not over powering. I like pink as a color. In fact, it is one of my favorite colors to wear myself. For some reason, however, I just have issues with the fact that most girls clothes are pink. And most girls bedding is pink. Just like most boys' clothes are blue.
I know there are better things to think about. But it is fun to indulge in tiny little baby clothes with little details like matching shoes and hats. Because babydom is really the only time when you can get away with wearing an ensemble that has a hat, shoes, and outfit all made of the same matching material.

I can't believe that I am only 3 weeks away from the 3rd trimester. Where has the time gone? I have a feeling these next few months are going to go by so fast. This time of year always does for me. Once Christmas and New Year's are over there is a birthday or two every month until June. Needless to say, it is a busy time of year for me.

Next week I will be going in for my GTT. I am half scared I won't pass. With PCOS there is a higher risk of gestational diabetes.

Baby Bean Dippe has been very active lately. She also keeps getting stuck in uncomfortable places and squirming around until she gets herself unstuck. I feel like I want to just reach in and move her out of the way myself because all of her squirming is very uncomfortable. I was reading that already she is starting to run out of room in my uterus, which would explain all the squirming. I hope she does some redecorating because she still has almost 4 more months of occupancy.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

How fun to be shopping for the baby. I still am having trouble actually bringing myself to purchase anything. Hope you find an adorable ensemble for the little one.

Adrianne said...

I really can't believe you are almost to you 3rd trimester. This pg is just flying by!