Monday, February 4, 2008

On the mend

Thanks for the comments on my last post. I feel so ungrateful when I complain about anything while being pregnant. There was a time not too long ago that I would've endured anything if it meant that I would be pregnant and have a real live baby in the end. And I know so many people who still feel that way. I should be more appreciative of the blessings I do have in life instead of focusing so much on what I don't have.
I finally got some sleep over the weekend, with the exception of Saturday, which I will explain in a moment. I actually took 2 naps on Sunday and then went to bed early that night. I woke up this morning still feeling tired but definitely better than I did on Friday.
On Saturday my wonderful girlfriends threw me the most beautiful baby shower you ever did see! And it was a total surprise!
Here is a picture of the set up
There were 20 ladies in attendance, including my sister and my mom (who made a surprise 3 hour trip just to come). Everything was pink and brown to match Dippe's room.
One of the best presents was the bedroom set that my Mom sewed. It turned out just beautiful and I am so grateful that my mom is such a crafty lady and so generous with her gift.
There is a matching bumper pad and dust ruffle. She had left over material and is sewing some curtains to match. Love that woman!
Here is a picture of all the lovely ladies in attendance. I am the one in the dead center with the long dark hair and dark shirt. Sorry, no close ups..I am very self conscious of how I am looking right now.
I got so many wonderful gifts, the tea nibbles were amazing, and it was definitely a good end to what was a very long and tiring week. I am so lucky to have such great friends and family!
Now I have to write out all the thank you notes...the only bad part.
I had my 30 week appt today and now I start appts every 2 weeks. Hard to believe that I am 10 weeks away now.

2 comments:

Adrianne said...

You look great! I really can't believe you are already 30 weeks!! Time is flying by!!

Depressionista said...

I can't believe you are 30 weeks (well, 31 by now, right?) It does seem like I was just reading your "holy shit I think I might be pregnant" post at your other blog!

It sounds like you had a great shower! And what awesome, meaningful gifts from your mom. Very cool!