Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Appointment

Heard the heartbeat, but I have no idea what the bpm was. I think it is better that way, one less thing to obsess over. I got my referral for the big ultrasound and it looks like we will be having it right before Thanksgiving. What a nice bit of news that will be for Turkey Day!
A came with me to the doctor's office and of course they were running 20 minutes behind. He was very well behaved, however, and didn't complain once. I got to meet the new doctor in the practice and she seems very nice. Actually seemed genuinely concerned about my nausea and vomiting, offering to prescribe something for it instead of the old "well, it will get better soon" song and dance. She was also okay with me stopping the prenatals, since they seemed to be making the nausea worse. Flintstones chewables and folic acid supplements were her recommendation, which is what I was planning on doing anyway. Her outfit, however, was a little surprising. I am used to my OB who wears kind of Earth Mothery sweaters and khakis with a big chunky necklace. This doctor was wearing "fuck me" knee length leather boots with a stiletto heel and a tight black dress that looked like it belonged in a night club instead of a doctor's office. I probably did a double take when she walked in, but hey, if she feels comfortable in that kind of get up I am all for it. I was trying to picture her delivering a baby in those boots but I am sure she is sensible enough to trade them in for some comfy 4 inch Jimmy Choos on her on call days.
Her assistant kind of pissed me off when she asked me if I was having twins. It made me wonder why she asked that? Is it because she thinks I look big? Are my hcg results really high? Have I gained too much weight? I was annoyed to say the least...you would think if anyone should know not to ask stupid questions like that it would be a medical assistant in an OB's office!
By the way, thanks to everyone who has commented thus far. I appreciate your support and it is nice to know that I am not going through this alone.

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

What a relief! I told you there would be a heartbeat!! Yeah the big u/s by Thanksgiving!!

I want you to secretly take a pic of this new dr with your phone! I have got to see this girl!!

How rude of the "ass"istant!!!