Saturday, November 3, 2007

Actually looking pregnant today

And yet, none of my old maternity clothes fit. I am not sure if this is because I started out weighing less this time, or because I puked more during the first trimester and actually lost weight. Whatever the case may be, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I only have 3 pairs of pants that fit, but they are the under the belly kind and I find them irritating at best. They seem to hit on the worst part of my belly...right where my uterus meets my intestines. Blah, this is turning into one big complaint blog. Unfortunately, that is how I am during pregnancy. Perpetually annoyed.
Something positive...my sense of smell seems to have diminished, which is refreshing. My house no longer smells like a morgue, my husband no longer smells like a corpse, and my son no longer smells like a urine factory.
I am having the worst time deciding on a name for this baby. Well, actually, to be more precise I am having a hard time deciding on a girl's name for this baby. The boy's name is already on lock down. I am feeling so strongly, though, that this baby is a girl that I fear I won't be able to use the wonderful boy's name I have picked out. Oh well, there is always postpartum gender reassignment. Or, I could get myself together and start seriously considering a girl's name. There are a couple that I like, but none that I really love.
I am looking for a name that is unique, but not hard to spell or pronounce. Nothing too popular or trendy. I am not a big fan of boy's names for girls. Nor do I like traditional names with strange spellings or "y"s and "i"s inserted in weird places.
So, if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

3 comments:

niobe said...

I'll just wait for others to suggest names. Meanwhile, I'm laughing at your postpartum gender reassignment idea.

Amanda said...

Since I'm convinced I will never have a girl, here's our list... they're kind of "out there" but as you know, I'm not too into the popular name circuit either:

Ruby
Campbell
Carys (pronounced Karis)
Christina (not too "unique" though)
Alison (again, not overly unique)
Caroline
Hazel
Lilliana
Lena
Molly

Oh, and don't worry about complaining... I was a miserable pregnant woman.

Adrianne said...

I too will never have a girl. I love some of the names Amanda suggested!! I am kind of glad neither Logan or Cole were girls because the names we picked were too trendy. I am big fan of Olivia right now...