Friday, August 10, 2007

My first post

Well, this is my first post in my new pregnancy blog. I still can't believe that I am pregnant again. I am trying very hard to make this a positive pregnancy and a healthy one. Thus the reason for starting a blog. I am going to post at least once a week, if not more.
I am 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant.
So far my only symptoms are fatigue that lasts all day, cramping, and breast tenderness. If I remember correctly the barfing didn't start with A. until week 6 or 7. So I have a couple of weeks to try to live it up before I start throwing up nonstop. Actually, it coincides with A. and I leaving on our big trip to Hawaii, so I am sure the plane ride will be so much fun for the both of us.
I have told a couple of friends who needed to know but our families have no clue. We probably won't tell them until the trip to Hawaii. They would be suspicious if I wasn't having a yummy cocktail when we got there and they know we were trying to get pregnant so they would put two and two together anyway.
My first doctor's appt is the day before we leave. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am hoping to make it that far. It seems hard to believe that only 10% of pregnancies that are discovered by a HPT end in miscarriage. Perhaps suffering 2 in a row makes this statistic seem unbelievable to me. I wish I could be one of those women who gets pregnant and starts buying baby clothes. But I am not.
Steve bought me a heart monitor. He is such a sweetheart of a husband. I am determined to stay active this pregnancy and try not to gain the 50 pounds I gained last time. I am going to try out my new toy at step class on Sunday.
I am excited to start this blog. It is the beginning of a wonderful journey.

No comments: