Sunday, March 2, 2008

I'm a whale

I saw a picture of myself taken in profile and I have to say I am a whale. Or the prow of a ship. And I am getting stretch marks in places I didn't get them with my son, which is a bummer. I seem to be carrying all out in front instead of all around like I did with A. Oh well, that is the price you pay for being pregnant and eating like a pig.
I have an appointment on Wednesday...my 2nd to last appt before I go to weekly appts. Hard to believe that I am only 4 weeks away from being full term. This last month went by so quickly! I would never want to endanger the life of the baby, but I wouldn't be sad if she came a little early instead of waiting the whole 40 weeks like her big brother did.
I am still vacillating between doing a VBAC and just scheduling a c-section and getting it over with. I do feel weird picking out the birthday of the baby, although with A. he came 3 days before his scheduled section any way. I have a feeling as I get closer to 40 weeks I will be more desirous just to get things over with in the quickest way possible for my own selfish reasons.
I waited in line for 2 hours on Saturday morning to register A for preschool. He didn't get in to the 3 day a week program because it was already full (WTF? We were first in line) but he will be attending the 2 day a week program which is exciting for the both of us. I think the time I get to spend alone with Dippe 2 days a week will be beneficial to all three of us. Plus, I think A will be excited to have all the stimulation that comes with being in preschool. I know he gets bored some days with just me trying to interact with him. The transition will be rough because he doesn't do too well in new situations. But I think he will be okay after going a couple of times.
That weird pain in my back from last week came back this morning and stayed around until close to 3pm. It didn't get as bad as it did then, but maybe that is because I took some tylenol preemptively as soon as I felt the discomfort. I have no idea what Dippe is pressing on in there to make that pain but I wish she would knock it off.
I am going on a Mom's retreat next weekend and I am thrilled. My patience with my husband and my son has been not so great lately, so a weekend away is going to be a much needed break for all of us. I went apeshit on S today for moving my purse in the car because I thought my sunglasses had fallen out when he moved it...only to discover my glasses were still in my purse, just at the bottom where I couldn't see them. S just looked at me with a smirk and didn't say anything, but I felt like a real horse's ass for flying off the handle so quickly. I am sure S and A are probably just as ready for this pregnancy to be over as I am.

2 comments:

UnrulyArchivist said...

Hey, you can't say that you are a whale and then not give us a photo!!!

Sounds like you are hanging in there pretty well. You have a good reason to be crabby right now--and when else will you have such a license to get away with it?

I hope the next four weeks go by quickly for you and that you make a decision you feel comfortable with on the VBAC/C-section issue. That would be a hard one to decide...it kind of sucks either way :-) I guess there's just no "easy" way to get an 8-pound human being out of your body, right?

Good luck!

Adrianne said...

I bet you look beautiful!! Hang in there you are almost done!!