Thursday, April 3, 2008

38 week appt

My 38 week appt was yesterday and all is looking well. GBS test came back negative, which doesn't really matter since I am having a c-section anyway, but it is nice to know just the same. I have 11 days to go until my section date and honestly it can't come fast enough for me. I am feeling very ungainly and tired and just ready to get this baby out. The doctor estimated yesterday that she is already 8.5 pounds and I am not surprised. My abdomen looks like it is about to split like a ripe watermelon...and feels that way too.
My sleep at night is just awful. I am waking up at least every half hour to hour to change positions because my hips start to ache. Or I am waking up to pee. Either way, I am not getting much rest. S gets up at 5:30 am to start his shower which wakes me up. Usually, A will hear the shower start and come in around 5:45 am to try to start the day. I will make him go back to bed until at least 6. I feel like a zombie most days and unfortunately for A my patience with him is very very thin. Especially when he gets up at 5:50 am today to tell me that he has peed all over his bed because he took his pull up off in the middle of the night so he could "feel the softie blankets on his pe.nis." Yeah.
I can tell little Dippe is totally out of room in her little womb house. She doesn't really have overt movement any more, just squirms and pokes. She still gets upset when I have a full bladder. I am sure anything that takes up more room in my abdomen makes her uncomfortable. I would love for her to come any day now but I am not holding my breath. A came a day late. I am regretting not taking the section date for Wednesday the 9th. I didn't do it because it wasn't convenient for S or my Mom (who is planning on being in the OR during the surgery). Now I am thinking, "Who the fuck cares if it was inconvenient for them?"
My last OB appt is Wednesday. I can't believe that in 11 days time I will have another child. For her sake I hope she is an easy baby.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh.My.God. I am dying that Angus likes to feel the softie blanket on his penis. Seriously dying over here.

Adrianne said...

I am sorry you are so miserable! Your precious baby will be here soon. I hope you can make it 11 more days! That is so funny about Angus and the blanket!!